Saturday, September 25, 2010

Getting back up...

You know everytime I started a "diet" and I would get off track I would just blow everything off!  If I started strong on Monday and on Wednesday I would eat something that wasn't on my "diet plan", then I would just say, "well, I guess I'll just start over again on Monday...!"  Then I would proceed to eat and eat and eat everything in sight, until Monday came around...only by then I had convinced myself that I would not be able to stay on this new "diet" because it was too hard or this or that...basically excuse after excuse and I would "give up" and go back to feeling sorry for myself.  This cycle went on for a very long time and I hated it! 

The problem wasn't the diet...it was me!  After a long time of doing that I realized that I was the problem.  I didn't want to do the work to change my lifestyle.  That is what this is really all about...a lifestyle change, not going on a diet.  Diets do not work unless you are willing to change your entire lifestyle.  That is what I finally had to learn, and it took a long time to get to that point.  I could not half-ass change my lifestyle and be able to achieve my goals...I had to make a full lifestyle change. 

What did I do...???

Well, I did a lot of things. 

1 - I stopped making excuses and started taking responsiblity where I needed to.  I had gotten myself to where I was and no one else did.  No one came and put all of that food in my mouth and made me eat it.  I'm the one that drove myself to all of those fast food restaurants and ate all of that food.  And it was a lot of food...trust me on that. 

2 - I started eating better a quality of food.  I started cooking and eating at home and making better choices when I was eating out. 

3 - I started moving - exercise was a MUST for me!  I love it!  I had to find something that I really liked, that would be the only way that I was able to stick to it.  If I don't like doing something I am not going to continue to do it...it is just not going to happen.  I have proven that to myself over and over again. 

4 - I started loving myself for who I was and am today.  I would not have been able to have the success that I've had unless I had that love for myself.  I couldn't wait until I hit my goal to love myself...loving myself today is what is leading me to my goal.  That had to come first.  I am worth good things and so are you!  Believe that you are and it will happen. 

5 - When I get off track I pick myself back up and do the next right thing.  I can not be perfect 100% of the time...who can?  No one, and if you can only do this if you are "perfect" then you will fail everytime...that is what I did for so long.  If I got off track, even for a meal, then I would blow everything off.  That is a part of the process...that is how you learn what you can and can not do with this. 

I had to believe in myself, even when I didn't want to...fake it until you make it!  I finally started believing it and the weight started to come off and I started to love myself...it is such a great feeling. 

Love yourself...because even when I was at my thinnest I didn't like myself, and it showed because I was never happy with anything AND I ended up gaining all my weight back PLUS an extra 110 pounds.

This is where I would have two Josh Groban songs playing in the background..."Believe" and "You Raise Me Up"... if for nothing else dramatic effect...HA! 

You can do this if you believe that you can...you really can, I promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment